Head of Logistics
|Type aanvraag:||Werving en Selectie|
|Functie:||Head of Logistics|
|Referentie nummer:||# 3322|
The Head of Logistics is responsible for managing intragroup shipping and warehouse operations, including implementing and maintaining operational KPIs with the goal of improving efficiencies and reducing costs.
1. Responsible for Managing the Group’s Logistics & Warehousing Operations
- Provide overall leadership and accountability for all fulfillment, warehousing and logistics activities;
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse and transportation for the group;
- Oversee the management of all warehouse locations (Curacao, St Maarten, Cayman, Aruba & Miami);
- Ensure there is transparent and effective tracking of turnaround times, goods separation, delivery times, intra-shipping and costs;
- Set and maintain cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness KPIs;
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements;
- Ensure stock control systems are up to date and ensure inventory accuracy;
- Develop standard methods of scheduling and operations of the drivers and warehouse staff to ensure the efficient planning and delivery of products;
- Coach and train warehouse workforce. Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs;
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as required;
- Develop and execute plans for optimization and expansion of fulfillment capabilities to meet growth objectives;
- Champion initiatives and teams to drive process and operational improvements;
- Ensure efficient customs processing across the group.
2. Responsible for People Management
- Set and agree performance targets with direct reports, provide effective and constructive performance feedback through performance reviews;
- Provide regular communication updates to direct reports including weekly meetings;
- Encourage a culture of coaching, professional development and self-improvement;
- Ensure staff are trained and well equipped to perform their job as per their job descriptions.
- Proven working experience as a Logistics Manager in a high-volume environment.
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff.
- Proficient in standard logistics software.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- University degree in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain.
Share on socialmedia
Interested? please fill in the form below