Procurement & Logistics Officer (branch: Construction)
|Type aanvraag:||Werving en Selectie|
|Functie:||Procurement & Logistics Officer (branch: Construction)|
|Referentie nummer:||# 3390|
Devising and using fruitful procurement and sourcing strategies. Maintaining existing supply relationships and initiating new procurement partnerships as required. Negotiating with external vendors to secure advantageous terms that will be beneficial to the project.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies;
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organisation partnerships;
- Finalise purchase details of orders and deliveries with the project team;
- Examine and test exiting contracts to ensure that it is meeting project objectives;
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness;
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms;
- Collaborate with project team to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company and also the project;
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements;
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Efficient and effective supplier evaluation;
- Interviewing Vendors;
- Placing in a timely manner purchase orders and or supply agreements to meet project schedule requirements;
- Following up at stipulated times to ensure compliance to contract particulars;
- Maintaining and reviewing records of purchased items for future reference;
- Negotiate best terms and conditions for the supply agreements.
- B.Sc / HND in Supply Chain Management, logistics or business administration;
- Minimum of four years work experience in a similar or related job;
- A combination of education and experience will be considered as qualifying competence for the position, where minimum requirements are not achieved by employees already employed;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective negotiating and communicative skills;
- Experience in collecting and analysing data;
- Good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software;
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers;
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Must be fluent in both English and Spanish.
Share on socialmedia
Interested? please fill in the form below