Sint Maarten# 34051661
HSE Manager (Construction)
|Type aanvraag:||Werving en Selectie|
|Functie:||HSE Manager (Construction)|
|Referentie nummer:||# 3405|
The St. Maarten Medical Center (SMMC), opened its doors on March 17th, 1991, as the successor of St. Rose Hospital. SMMC is a non-profit organization that manages and carries out hospital functions serving the community of Dutch St Maarten in the north-eastern Caribbean. The new SMMC will open her doors in three years and for this challenging project we are recruiting a HSE Manager (Construction).
He/she has the specific authority and responsibility for ensuring that the requisites of Norms UNI EN ISO 14001 – ISO 45001, Company’s Policy, H&S and Environment Plan, etc. are established, applied and maintained throughout the Project activities. He / She reports the progress of Health, Safety and Environmental conditions of Works to Management.
Based on the information received the HSE Manager is responsible for:
- Identifying the risk factors, evaluating risks and identifying the safety and health measures of the work environments in compliance with current standards and based on their specific knowledge of the company’s organization;
- Issuing, revising, updating the H&S Plan as per Contract;
- Elaborating the preventive and protective measures, within their scope of responsibility and systems for controlling said measures;
- Elaborating safety procedures for the various company operations;
- Developing and implementing procedures related to HSE information and training programs for workers (HSE induction courses) to be formally recorded for the Employer and Local Authorities;
- Taking part in consultations regarding the protection of occupational health and safety;
- Providing workers with the information on: health and safety risks associated with the company’s general operations; the protective and preventive measures and activities adopted; specific risks they are exposed to in relation to the activities performed, safety standards and company policies on the matter; dangers associated with the use of dangerous substances and preparations, based on the safety data forms provisioned by current regulations and technical standards; procedures concerning first aid, firefighting procedures and the evacuation of workers; the names of the persons in charge of the prevention and protection service and the occupational physician; the names of the workers assigned to applying the measures specified;
- To implement all the H&S requirements daily / weekly meeting with all involved and concerned responsible persons shall be held and formally reported as deemed necessary.
- Environmental inspections shall be planned and performed as per the relevant requirements stated in the environmental plan issued following the applicable laws, local legislation and regulations.
University bachelor degree in relevant disciplines. Chartered for construction site works. At least five years experience of construction management for large residential development construction projects including supervision of site works, familiar with the most common computer applications, the basics of planning and risk assessment. Capable to proceed in accordance with the technical specifications, good practices and with the application of health & safety rules and regulations, to be a good team builder and maintain good interpersonal relations with particular reference to employers, subcontractors and suppliers and all areas of the company. Excellent communication skills in English. Dutch and/or Spanish an advantage.
Share on socialmedia
Interested? please fill in the form below