Sint Maarten# 33111575
|Type aanvraag:||Werving en Selectie|
|Referentie nummer:||# 3311|
The Netherlands Red Cross (NLRC) helps to reduce vulnerabilities and strengthen resilience by responding to disasters and crises and by supporting community and institutional risk reduction and preparedness.
In close cooperation with the authorities of Sint Maarten, The Netherlands Red Cross developed a “Home Repair Project” to support the affected population with the recovery following the devastating impact of hurricane Irma on September 6th, 2017. The overall goal of the “Home Repair Project” is to support the most vulnerable households with the repair of the damages on roofs, windows and doors.
Within the technical team of the Home repair project a position for a Technical Officer opened.
Purpose of the position:
The Technical Officer is expected to actively participate with the implementation of the Home Repair Project within the communities. Supported by a Foreman, the Technical Officer will assess the eligibility of a certain house, provide training on repairing a house hurricane resilient and provide on-sight technical advice. In addition, the Technical Officer will be asked to participate the development of parts of the program.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Implement the technical aspects of the application, verification and registration of beneficiaries for the house repair program, resulting in the identification of vulnerable families eligible for shelter assistance according to established selection criteria;
- Closely coordinate with the relevant Social Officer during the verification phase and flag social frictions or issues;
- Provide training on house repair;
- Support and provide technical guidance to households before and during the house repair;
- Ensure repairs are complying to technical guidelines and are of good quality;
- Help strengthen links with relevant ministries (VROMI mainly) of Government and shelter coordination bodies when relevant;
- Provide regular operational reports on activities, progress and achievements in the designated areas of responsibility;
- Coordinate and conduct community meetings, community action planning and trainings in selected topics (e.g. on hurricane resistant building, DRR, or prioritized community needs);Promote humanitarian principles and key cross-cutting issues such as gender equality, environmental awareness and disaster risk reduction;
- Contribute to the various program processes such as refining plan of action, development of project proposals and evaluations.
- Technical education in the areas of construction or engineering, HBO level desirable;
- Relevant working experience in construction on site, may be accepted in lieu of formal technical education;
- Ability and commitment to work with beneficiaries, community representatives and other stakeholders;
- Experience in community participatory development and mobilization skills are desirable;
- Due to the nature of the (repair) works, the Technical Officer is expected to be flexible and willing to, at times, work during weekends and early evenings;
- Should be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
- A good command of the English language, both verbally and in writing; mastering any other language such as Spanish (preferred), French and/ or Creole is an advantage;
- Good communication skills, including listening and patience;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Preferable experience with or interested working in multicultural Caribbean context and willingness to work in post disaster settings is desirable;
- Ability to coach/train others, as well as being open to learning from others;
- Organized and structured approach to work and results;
- Pro-active, quick learner and solution-oriented with a pragmatic approach to solving problems;
- High degree of integrity, discretion, and personal conduct.
Klik hieronder om deze vacature te delen:
Geinteresseerd? Stuur dan via onderstaand formulier je CV