|Type aanvraag:||Werving en Selectie|
|Referentie nummer:||# 3329|
Summary of position
Responsible for the implementation and administration of all human resources functions for the resort, including recruitment, training, benefit administration, employee relations and disciplinary actions, ensuring compliance with labor regulations and government regulations and providing good counsel and advice to manager’s as well as individual employees.
- Administer all human resources needs, plans and procedures for all resort staff;
- Ensure department standards and Hotel Rules and Regulations are being achieved and that all employees understand the standards expected of them; evaluate and critique compliance to standards;
- discuss all sub-standard and/or non-compliance with managers and develop retraining opportunity including; observing and coaching employees;
- Prepare job descriptions; conducts annual salary surveys; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary. Ensure payroll is being managed properly and approves all payroll actions/changes. Audits payroll regularly;
- Develop, recommend, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefit administration including management of the sickness and government reporting process;
- Manage recruitment for all staff; conduct new-employee orientation; conduct exit interviews; write and place advertisements. Develop contract terms for new hires, promotions, transfers.
- Establish and maintain department and personnel records and reports, ensuring complete confidentiality of all employee information. Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings, as needed. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory;
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of department and services performed;
- Conduct regular meetings with department managers, providing HR guidance when appropriate;
- Provide day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions). Assist managers in resolving employee relations issues;
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Participates in counseling meetings with manager and employee, where needed;
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring governmental and union compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required;
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning;
- Oversees budget for the HR department, manages expenses to remain within budget, ensure invoices including insurance billings are being processed and paid correctly;
- Manages employee communication (including employee newsletter), activities, reward programs, etc. to ensure positive morale throughout the resort;
- Maintain strong relationship with the union, participating in negotiations and disputes, government officials for obtaining work permits, and attending any appeal hearings in court as needed;
- Identify training needs for employees and develop and execute meaningful training to address development needs;
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the General Manager or to successfully perform the job.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree, preferably in the field of Human Resources.
- 5 - 8 years of experience within the HR field, preferable within the (Dutch) Caribbean.
- Preferable experience within the Hospitality branch.
- Experience with HR systems and HR processes.
- General experience with payroll is desirable.
- Organised and analytical with excellent administrative skills.
- Ability to create strong networks within the organisation.
- trong drive to achieve results together with a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Professional approach, integrity, maturity, ethical and confidential.
- Milestone oriented with sense of urgency in meeting project goals.
- Drive, energy and initiative.
- Fluent Dutch and English.
Klik hieronder om deze vacature te delen:
Geinteresseerd? Stuur dan via onderstaand formulier je CV