Sint Maarten# 33531608
|Type aanvraag:||Werving en Selectie|
|Referentie nummer:||# 3353|
Our client Open House & Rode Kruis is looking for a Director for their Foundation Waste2Work.
Hurricane Irma struck the island in 2017, damaging 90% of infrastructures and leaving thousands of people out of jobs. Moreover, it created an enormous amount of extra waste and construction debris, including a large amount of reusable materials.
This is how Waste2Work was born. Promoting entrepreneurship and circular solutions to reduce the amount of reusable materials that now end up on the island’s landfills. Through creative thinking, Waste2Work connects local challenges to innovative solutions. Sint Maarten could strongly benefit from a circular based economy, something that will also help to financially secure the future by creating new jobs and contributing to a diversification of the local economy.
One of the ways we offer support to starting companies is by creating a “SXM Innovation Hub” to provide a creative workspace where circular solutions can be implemented. It is the centerpoint for
entrepreneurs to share ideas and support each other in their sustainable business endeavors.
Currently in Sint Maarten, there are limited shared coworking spaces available and rent is expensive for aspiring entrepreneurs. Waste2Work has the vision to become a living lab where sustainable solutions are showcased to the community and will kick-start awareness in a positive way.
With the support of a highly skilled board and working closely with a small, dedicated team, you will drive the strategic plan to ensure effective organisational growth, including building a financially sustainable organisation and fostering long-term relationships with existing and potential partners. In this role you will:
- Play the lead in the formation, implementation and monitoring of the strategic plan;
- Provide vision, inspiration and leadership to a passionate team;
- Develop and implement effective new fundraising and forward-thinking approaches;
- Maintain existing relations with donors and key stakeholders;
- Report on financial compliance, solvency and sustainability to the board;
- Manage the day to day operations.
You will report to the board of the foundation.
As the Director of the Waste2Work Foundation you’re passionate and knowledgeable about sustainable and innovative solutions for Sint Maarten. Your energy will inspire those around you and you will be confident communicating at all levels. Being an outstanding people manager you have the experience to lead a team of talented and committed individuals to ensure the long-term viability of the organisation. Your biggest assets are being proactive, transparent, honest, flexible and have a great sense of humour.
Ideally, you are an experienced philanthropist or business developer from the Non-For-Profit or commercial sector with the ability to form partnerships with community groups, donors and the business community; attracting volunteers, donors, sponsorships and (in-kind) partnerships.
- You have a track record of successfully implementing strategic innovation in combination with a hands-on approach;
- Proven experience in senior management position incl. Financial management (budget formulation and implementation);
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining strong relationships with key funders and other stakeholders;
- An entrepreneurial approach to diversifying and maximising income streams will be highly regarded;
- Language Skills: Fluent in English. Working knowledge of Dutch, Spanish and/or French (strongly preferred);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: good judgement, reliability, showing initiative, tact and integrity;
- Ability to assemble and work in a team in a fast-paced environment;
- You have been working and living on Sint Maarten for a minimum of 3 years;
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record; must be insurable.
What our client offers:
- An exciting management position within a young dynamic team.
- Contract of 1 year, based on 40 hrs/week.
- Position opening up: 1st of July 2019.
- Gross salary indication between 2750-3250 US dollars depending on years of experience.
Klik hieronder om deze vacature te delen:
Geinteresseerd? Stuur dan via onderstaand formulier je CV