Sint Maarten# 34581627
|Type aanvraag:||Werving en Selectie|
|Referentie nummer:||# 3458|
Primary Objective of Position:
Responsible for short- and long-term planning and management of the Human Resources function. Recommend the department’s budget and manage expenses within approved budget constraints. Major areas of responsibility/management include, but are not limited to, employment and coordinating placement through the DOL and SHTA, wage, salary and payroll administration, benefits, training, orientation, employee/labor relations, monitoring employee yellow sick’s cards and reporting to SZV for reimbursements, organizational development, and the administration of employee contracts. Work closely with the Chief Operating Officer in implementing, achieving and maintaining the resorts goals and objectives. Participate in total hotel management as a member of the hotel Executive Committee.
- Establish and implement annual objectives for the Human Resources Department, including a departmental mission statement. Establish, maintain and ensure adherence to all personnel-related policies and procedures. Respond in a courteous, professional and rapid manner in order to resolve staff difficulties. Apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems in order to perform and direct many varied and complex tasks. Interact with employees beyond giving and receiving instructions, emphasizing relationships with supervisor, subordinates, co-workers in completing assignments. Resolve staff complaints.
- Develop, direct and oversee overall hotel recruitment, orientation and hiring activities strategies for all positions. Support and uphold hotel philosophy concerning hiring, employee relations, supervision and disciplinary action. Directly facilitate, in conjunction with hotel managers, open employee communications to discern grievances and to respond to those grievances in all appropriate manners, including redressing those meriting correction. Assist in recruitment and interviewing of candidates for all executive, hourly and shift positions; conduct wage/salary/benefit surveys of the local St Maarten market and recommend enhancements of the hotel’s compensation plan.
- Provide hotel-wide communication vehicles and interact in courteous and professional manner with all guests, staff and community members. Supervise, direct, coordinate, influence and persuade staff in order to maintain service standards of hotel. Maintain safety and cleanliness of work areas and employee areas, including, but not limited to, the employee cafeteria and bathrooms.
- Develop, maintain, and coordinate hotel training programs that provide for specific skills training and management/supervisory development, including anti-harassment and anti-discrimination training. Direct and coordinate human resources activities to hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel. Direct administration of performance appraisals in all departments. Maintain hotel’s human resources information system so as to provide accurate employee records including but not limited to employee contracts, time sheets, attendance records, and vacations that comply with all local St. Maarten labor and SZV laws. Monitor hotel’s compliance with all other local laws.
- Oversee and investigate all employee relations and labor-related matters as they relate to the St. Maarten Board of labor regulations laws and general human and civil rights.
- Develop and maintain employee incentive and motivational programs.
- Participate in the budget process as it relates to staffing, productivity, benefit costs and employee/labor relations costs. Prepare and maintain operating budget. Monitor staff turnover and recommend changes and improvements.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Committee and work closely with all Executive Team members in supporting and achieving the hotel’s goals and objectives.
- Provide guidelines, direction and support in the administration of the disciplinary process.
Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required, Three to five years of extensive human resources experience (one to two years of management), preferably in a hotel environment. Line operations management and labor related experience preferred.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand fluently English. Dutch and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision
- Desire to participate as a part of a team.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills, as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Thorough knowledge of wage and salary, employment and benefits administration and payroll.
- Ability to create, implement and monitor hotel and staff goals, strategies and policies.
- Ability to be resourceful, creative and maintain flexibility.
- Ability to train, motivate, evaluate, mentor and direct employees and managers to meet desired ends.
Klik hieronder om deze vacature te delen:
Geinteresseerd? Stuur dan via onderstaand formulier je CV