Sint Maarten# 33971653
Account Manager (Retail)
|Type aanvraag:||Werving en Selectie|
|Functie:||Account Manager (Retail)|
|Referentie nummer:||# 3397|
Essence of the position:
The Account Manager is responsible for purchasing, maintaining, and intensifying customer relations/contacts with (potential) customers such as contractors, project developers, and (potential) investors within the market area. He/she does this based on an intensive personal approach and by offering advice to clients, aiming to reach the sales targets as defined in the budget. The Account Manager ensures that with this specific target group Kooyman is “top of mind” when it comes to purchasing building materials and hardware, available from stock as well as on special order.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identifying and keeping track of all relevant developments on the market regarding any potential new and bigger projects and, based on that, extremely pro-actively acquiring and approaching (potential) customers;
- Managing accounts and making this information accessible to colleagues by using CRM;
- Developing and implementing administrative sales procedures with regard to calculations, making quotations, order processing, etc.;
- Thoughtfully and completely informing the internal service account manager of a store of choice to enable him/her to correctly issue the order;
- Ensuring follow-up of issued and pending quotations to get the order;
- Continuing to actively follow the construction process of potential customers, aiming to “fill up” this target group;
- Periodically informing store- and category management about all relevant customer and market information: current and future projects, possible large one-off orders, price issues, product information, product shortcomings, no-sales, competition actions, specific and special information about (potential) customers, etc.;
- Keeping up with specialist literature, attending seminars, visiting trade fairs, and the like;
- Bears final responsibility for the entire process of special orders for regular items, from sales, purchasing to delivery;
- Annually drawing up a budget in the arena of turnover, contributions, and acquisition of new customers for the customer group and/or market area assigned to him/her.
- Serving as a liaison between potential customers and the organization with regard to all their wishes, questions, and other matters such as quotations, pending orders, transport issues, deliveries, payments, quality issues and complaints, Funmiles issues, sponsoring- and donation requests, etc.;
- Informing and advising (potential) customers about materials, technical possibilities, price, other service- and payment options;
- Building and maintaining personal contacts by paying regular visits to potential customers and construction projects.
- Performing all other activities that are important for the smooth operations of activities and that may be considered necessary for the execution and performance of the position;
- Complying with all the company rules and procedures.
- College degree (HBO) in commercial and/or architectural area, complemented with commercial vocational education and/or training.
- Clear affinity with construction materials and/or the hardware retail industry.
- Good oral and written command of English. Preference for Dutch and Papiamento.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, AUTOCAD, and CRM.
- At least 5 years of work experience in a similar position.
- Can react adequately to unexpected situations.
- Able to communicate in a professional manner.
- Can handle stress.
- Willing to work at irregular hours.
- No 9 to 5-mentality.
- Strong sense of responsibility.
- Accepts direction.
- Excellent knowledge of the (application of) building materials (assortment knowledge).
- Pre-eminently enterprising and commercial.
- Networker with excellent communication skills.
- Able to give substantive (building) advice with regards to application of construction material.
- Works independently and result-oriented.
- Pro-active and full of initiative with a hands-on mentality.
- Team player who communicates effectively at and with all levels/positions.
- Customer-friendly and service-oriented “customer is king” attitude.
Klik hieronder om deze vacature te delen:
Geinteresseerd? Stuur dan via onderstaand formulier je CV