Sint Maarten# 35721796
Sales Manager (Hospitality)
|Type aanvraag:||Werving en Selectie|
|Functie:||Sales Manager (Hospitality)|
|Referentie nummer:||# 3572|
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce hotel guest room sales in designated market segments, F B sales and Catering/Banquet services;
- Assist in developing and managing the departmental budget and monitor sales activity to ensure that contracts and proposals go out in a timely matter. Effectively communication to all hotel departments regarding group schedules and details pertinent to the effective management of group operations;
- Direct the scheduling of conventions and business group activities at the hotel to maximize profitability;
- Responsible for development of the hotel-level tactical sales plans to support overall system wide plans strategies and programs;
- Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups, companies and trade organizations, and attend local and out of town meetings and conventions in order to generate sales for the hotel;
- Regularly work files for past and potential groups to generate repeat business for the hotel. Keep trace system up-to-date and in order;
- Attend weekly departmental and hotel staff meeting to facilitate good communication within the hotel. Discuss VIPs and incoming business in detail;
- Generate reports as required to measure business generated by the sales department;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment;
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Take responsibility for the implementation of sales plans. Monitor plans’ effectiveness and introduce changes in response to the marketplace, including setting targets, planning and scheduling work and performance indicators that are typically productivity and efficiency measures;
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program;
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and direction of new sales administrative associates;
- Work in conjunction with accounting to maintain and minimize levels of account receivables;
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction;
- Coordinate efforts with Rooms Division in the weekly maintenance of room inventory status so as to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest expectations;
- Develop promotional programs, point of sales materials, sales blitzes, etc.;
- Report on a regular basis to the DOS on actual room numbers against budget and profit projections. Analyze variances and monitor the impact of initiatives and corrective actions;
- Take every opportunity to amaze the guests;
- Ensures all guests are being treated in an efficient and courteous manner and that all resort standards are being applied;
- Development and implementation of the total sales effort of the hotel, including securing new accounts, supervising activities of administrative personnel, and executing sales strategies to maximize the profitability of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree; two to four years’ experience in Hotel or Resort Sales.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Dutch, Spanish and French a pre.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
Our client prefers local candiates with good knowledge of the island however the following nationals are also te be considered: Dutch, French with resident permit or the dual nationality & USA citizens.
Klik hieronder om deze vacature te delen:
Geinteresseerd? Stuur dan via onderstaand formulier je CV