Sint Maarten# 36961912
Health, Safety & Environment Officer (HSE)
|Type aanvraag:||Werving en Selectie|
|Functie:||Health, Safety & Environment Officer (HSE)|
|Referentie nummer:||# 3696|
Our client is a well known construction company on the island of Sint Maarten. They specialize in Infrastructure including civil works, Design & Build, General Construction, Harbour & Marine construction, Maintenance & Management and the production of asphalt.
As a HSE officer, you are responsible for the implementation, control and
maintenance of the quality system in the organization and the monitoring and controlling of safety processes and employees safety. You are accountable to the Company Director.
- Ensuring the implementation and control of the quality system and safety system in the organization.
- Monitoring and controlling process safety and employee safety in companies.
- Making an inventory of risks.
- Assessing work situations.
- Instructing employees.
- Inspections and controls within the business process for compliance with process safety and safety policy.
- Act as a source of information in the field of safety within the organization.
- Implementing and monitoring the (safety) objectives in the business plan.
- Execution and aiding the organization with regard to the items below.
- Organizing and providing (expert) support with Risk Inventories & Evaluations (RI&Es) and audits.
- Drafting and implementing policies, for example with regard to aggression and violence, work by third parties and calamities.
- Advising and providing information.
- Organizing and/or conducting worksite/place surveys
- Conducting accident investigation and advice on such.
- Setting up emergency response policy and organization.
- Performing RI&E's regarding fire safety, electrical safety, mechanical safety,
- machine safety and work equipment.
- Making recommendations to management, executives regarding the design, update and / or implementation of a policy (letter of intent) for working conditions (and absenteeism)
- Giving and / or cooperating in the development of the 'Plan of Action' as included in the RI&E.
- Advising on labor protection measures to be taken and providing support in their implementation.
- Providing support in accident investigation, analysis, reports, registration, reporting and coordination.
- Advising on the laws and/or regulations to be adhered to in the design and purchase of production processes - resources, raw materials and auxiliary materials. Giving advice on the design of production space and the layout of workplaces.
- Identifying and informing about changes in laws, regulations and standards.
- Preparation of occupational safety reports.
- Solicited and unsolicited advice towards management on quality and safety matters.
- Can visit worksite and view information available at the worksite.
- Speaking to employees and obtaining external information regarding quality and safety issues.
- Functions as an intermediary between the organization and external auditor.
- Co-monitoring the implementation of the established policy.
- Keep the management system manual up to date.
Educational requirements and experience:
- Relevant education at HBO level or equivalent work and thinking level.
- Supplement training with job-oriented course(s) such as audit course.
- Knowledge and/or affinity with Quality Assurance (systems) and safety.
- Good oral and written expression skills.
- Good social skills.
- Knowledge of automated data processing.
- Good command of the Dutch language, Papiamentu is an advantage.
- Professional integrity
- Planning and organizing
- Written expression skills.
Klik hieronder om deze vacature te delen:
Geinteresseerd? Stuur dan via onderstaand formulier je CV