Group Financial Controller
|Type aanvraag:||Werving en Selectie|
|Functie:||Group Financial Controller|
|Referentie nummer:||# 3618|
The Group Financial Controller will report to the board of directors (BoD). The Group Financial Controller will be responsible for the fiscal compliance, reporting, cashflow and administration of a group of related maritime companies (group). For these the Group Financial Controller will act as the driver and accountable manager.
- Accurately evaluate and improve current systems, people and processes;
- Provide relevant data and analysis of performance used by management to make decisions;
- Provide clear, regular and timely reporting to build trust, transparency and focused capability across the organization;
- In charge of the company’s annual budgeting process;
- Ensure effective intercompany agreements both in place and actioned across the organization. Keep track of intercompany balances and cashflows;
- Implement and maintain clear systems, capabilities and processes for all financial transactions resulting in a ‘one way of working’ across the board;
- Prepare all financial statements for review by relevant party and manage the annual audit process;
- Monitor the effectiveness of financial processes to ensure accurate recording of information;
- Ensure clear budgets in place across the organization which meet company objectives and mechanism for managing deviances from budget clearly understood;
- Ensure appropriate delegated authorities are in place across the organization to drive accountability and ensure clear control mechanisms in place to enable good fiscal oversight by directors;
- Ensure adequate cashflow and low season mitigations in place to guarantee payment of staff and vendors in a timely manner while meeting any investment and growth plans;
- Manage payment / invoicing systems and processes to ensure timely payment of bills and minimize risk of late payment;
- Reconcile general ledger entries in a timely manner;
- Be a proactive member of the leadership team, providing help and support to other team members to ensure they are effective in their departments;
- Lead a team of accountants and administrative staff across the organization.
- Preferably a Master degree in Finance.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a similar position (in an international environment).
- Proven track record in financial/control at corporate, divisional or group level.
- Strong IT skills, in particular Excel and PowerBI.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills in English are essential.
- Pro-active, hands-on mentality.
- Strong analytical skills, critical and pragmatic.
- Highly independent worker, self-driven and team player.
- Takes ownership of issues from start to finish.
- Able to communicate at all levels in the organisation.
The position can be executed either from Curacao or St. Maarten.
Klik hieronder om deze vacature te delen:
Geinteresseerd? Stuur dan via onderstaand formulier je CV