Sint Maarten# 33091574
HR Coordinator/ Officer
|Type aanvraag:||Werving en Selectie|
|Functie:||HR Coordinator/ Officer|
|Referentie nummer:||# 3309|
The Netherlands Red Cross (NLRC) helps to reduce vulnerabilities and strengthen resilience by responding to disasters and crises and by supporting community and institutional risk reduction and preparedness.
The Red Cross branch on the island of Sint Maarten is part of the Netherlands Red Cross (NLRC) and has a small, but established, role in the Sint Maarten emergency support framework. In order to increase the role of the Red Cross Sint Maarten (RC SXM) in the emergency support structures on the island and facilitate the roll-out of longer term and large-scale projects, the Sint Maarten branch will need to be strengthened and the number of temporary staff and volunteers expanded.
Purpose of the role:
The HR Coordinator/ Officer provides professional guidance and support to NLRC mission and RC branch in Sint Maarten. The HR Coordinator/ Officer is responsible for ensuring that NLRC’s HR management strategy and functions are carried out effectively and that all policies and procedures are contextualized, implemented and applied properly. The HR Coordinator/ Officer will also be responsible for HR administration, recruitment activities and acts as the focal point for government institutions, and other labor related relations.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Support (branch)management and HR in Headquarters with recruitment for selected positions;
- Ensure adequate induction and onboarding is provided for new staff, based on relevant guidelines and policies and specific requirements;
- Monitor countries’ compensation and benefits positioning to ensure competitiveness in local talent markets;
- Ensure oversight and consistency in position titles and job classification;
- Promote consistency of management practices across the organization through advice and feedback;
- Provide support in disciplinary procedures, ensuring it is administered in an equitable and fair manner and meets all legal and labor regulations and requirements;
- In consultation with the Head of Mission, the Branch Manager, and HR HQ if applicable, manage and resolve complex employee relations issues;
- Provide the Head of Mission and the Branch Manager with sound and effective advice on all staff issues;
- Ensuring staff mutations are processed for accurate and timely payment of salaries;
- Monitoring and flagging contract endings and ensuring contracts are renewed in a timely manner;
- Acting as the neutral focal point for employees, answering and following up on queries, listen to grievances, and mediate in situations of conflict;
- Acting as the liaison between employees, SZV, the payroll agency and HR at Headquarters on administrative matters;
- Monitoring lease agreements of housing for delegates and flagging necessary action when contracts are ending and/ or need extension;
- Overseeing the correct and timely application of the performance management cycle and assist managers and staff in understanding the performance appraisal methodology;
- Collaborate with the Management Team in the analysis of programme- and project structure to ensure consistency, coherency and efficiency;
- Ensure that human capital planning is part of annual planning and budgeting process;
- Ensure constructive communication and collaboration between the mission and the branch, and promote inclusion of volunteers in the programmes and projects if and when possible.
- Higher education in the field of HR management, preferably HBO level;
- Experience in a similar HR position, preferably with an NGO;
- Relevant experience with recruitment, compensation and benefits, employee relations and organizational development;
- Previous experience with the Red Cross Movement is an advantage;
- Fluency in written and spoken English; Understanding of Dutch is preferred;
- Awareness of the Caribbean context including local Government structures in relation to the Kingdom of the Netherlands is a plus;
- Commitment to the NLRC mission and values, the Red Cross Fundamental Principles and the Code of Conduct;
- Should be in possession of a work permit for St. Maarten, or have the Dutch or US nationality, and have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Diplomatic and tactful in internal and external communication, ability to make yourself understood by different audiences;
- Affinity with conflict handling and mediation;
- Demonstrated orientation on results, processes, and people;
- Sensitive to organizational and cultural diversity and able to balance between the two;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Computer literate, Microsoft Office applications.
Klik hieronder om deze vacature te delen:
Geinteresseerd? Stuur dan via onderstaand formulier je CV