Sint Maarten# 33611617
|Type aanvraag:||Werving en Selectie|
|Referentie nummer:||# 3361|
Reports to: Food & Beverage Director
Summary of position:
Manages food preparation activities and provides direction and oversight for all kitchen operations to ensure a profitable department while maintaining high quality of products. Identifies and implements opportunities to maximize the financial performance of department, quality of food, guest satisfaction, and staff development. Identifies opportunities to increase food sales and decrease food costs by providing quality food, preparation and creative presentation of cuisine. Controls and achieves budgeted food and kitchen labor costs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensures that the Resort maintains appropriate standards of food quality and guest service quality as established by the company.
- Assists with marketing through creativity in specials, promotions, Hors d’oeuvres, in room-amenities.
- Creates, organizes, and implements new menu concepts from conception to completion including menu design, continually reviews menu pricing and analysis of sales recommending price increases or menu changes.
- Ensures all food items are covered and stored in accordance to health standards.
- Ensures all employees comply with health laws.
- Limits spoilage or waste of food product and control portions.
- Ensures that the Resort is maintaining good cleanliness, safety and security practices for the kitchen.
- Keeps the main storeroom, and walk-in clean, organized, and locked.
- Ensure all kitchen equipment is maintained properly. Requests repairs of all equipment in kitchen and the kitchen area in a timely manner to avoid downtime of equipment.
- Manages budgeted revenues, controls expenses, and maximizes profitability within all areas of responsibility to ensure budget achievement, ensure appropriate controls by providing food invoices/daily receiving sheet with proper coding to accounting, reports and records transfers of food items to other departments and submits to accounting daily, keeps accurate records of daily employee meals, reviews all guest checks and compares to food usage including but not limited to steaks, seafood, pies, etc., to ensure accurate reporting of all sales.
- Provides Food and Beverage Director with reporting of cost of sales variances.
- Manages staff to ensure high quality customer service to guests at all times and smooth operations throughout the resort. Extends excellent customer service to hotel guests at all times.
- Hires, trains and leads kitchen staff to ensure superior guest and associate satisfaction.
- Monitors the job performance of staff and works closely with F & B Director and HR to address performance issues and maintain personnel records.
- Communicates frequently and effectively with staff to keep them advised of any changes in menu (i.e.; items that are sold out) and describe how items are prepared.
- Continual communication with food servers to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Conduct monthly employee meetings.
- Business Excellence: Building Customer Focus, Driving Change, Delivering Excellence in Execution.
- Leadership Excellence: Fostering Teamwork, Leading and Developing Self and Others, Building Relationships.
- Ideal candidate will possess a bachelor's degree or related culinary degree with/or 8+ years of industry & culinary management experience.
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role.
- Previous experience with control food & labour cost, demonstrating cooking, menu development and pricing and development of culinary team preferred.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is desirable.
Klik hieronder om deze vacature te delen:
Geinteresseerd? Stuur dan via onderstaand formulier je CV