Sint Maarten, Anguilla or Curacao.# 36701895
Financial Controller (Insurance branch, Curacao)
|Type aanvraag:||Werving en Selectie|
Sint Maarten, Anguilla or Curacao.
|Functie:||Financial Controller (Insurance branch, Curacao)|
|Referentie nummer:||# 3670|
What can you expect?
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the successful candidate will lead and be responsible for Financial Reporting (Statutory, Regulatory, Tax and other), Accounting Policy, Financial Control, Solvency, Capital management, Cashflow management, Tax compliance and efficiency, external Audit management for the NICL Group, including all its subsidiaries and branches.
Key customers include the Group Financial Controller, Boards of Directors, Audit Committee and other subcommittees of the Board from time to time, local, regional and roup legal entity and branch leaders/representatives. Other customers and stakeholders also include regulators and tax authorities in the various jurisdictions the Group is operating in.
We will count on you to:
- Execute the Controllership function across all territories of the Group; Provide assurance over and submit financial information for the Group and its subsidiaries and branches;
- Own all risks associated with Financial Reporting;
- Prepare and publish the external financial statements for the Group and its subsidiaries and branches, including related reporting to the Boards and Board subcommittees;
- Prepare monthly actual reports for the Group, its subsidiaries and branches, manage the monthly close in coordination with other parts of the business and the function;
- Keep optimising processes and substantially enhance the efficiency, accuracy, and transparency of the Controllership function;
- Provide specialist accounting advice as needed (e.g. IFRS 17, 9);
- Develop and deliver accounting training to the business and other stakeholders as needed;
- Comply with all necessary statutory, tax and regulatory requirements across the territories;
- Comply with transfer pricing requirements;
- Optimise Group practices with a view to achieving tax efficiencies;
- Develop efficient capital and liquidity management and sharing mechanisms;
- Define and improve liquidity risk appetite and manage liquidity within defined appetite;
- Provide all inputs and support needed to the Business Finance team for their deliverables;
- Develop and enhance accounting policies, adhere to accounting standards;
- Build strong relationships and foster teamwork among group wide departments and staff to achieve maximum performance;
- Provide professional training to finance staff to improve working processes and quality;
- Manage the relationship with external auditor.
What you need to have:
- Qualification as a Financial Professional in accounting or finance discipline, with at least 5-7 years’ work experience accumulated including deep experience with P&C Insurance companies.
- Prior experience in an accounting/ IFRS technical accounting/ external auditrole is desired
- Financial management experience in international and geographically distributed organisations.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality analysis, recommend solutions, challenge issues with a critical mind-set
- Excellent communication skills, with proven ability to explain IFRS technical concepts to the local Finance teams, businesses and senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to respond to urgent requests and changing priorities on a daily basis.
- Demonstrated ability to work as team player, able to collaborate with other work streams and to help develop compliant and operationally practical solutions regarding technical matters.
- Strong influencing skills, with proven track record to reach consensus on technical topics with a wide range of stakeholders within a given timeframe
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead and influence in a complex matrix environment.
- Ability to manage a complex process within resource and time constraints
- Excellent financial technical skills.
- Fluency in all aspects of English is required to be able to manage all aspects of this role.
- Dutch or US nationality is required.
What makes you stand out?
- Strong intellect with an organised analytical approach.
- Attention to detail whilst maintaining a big picture perspective.
- Excellent organisational capabilities.
- Zero appetite for non-compliance and missing reporting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and manage risks related to Controllership responsibilities.
- Self-motivated with the energy and ability to take initiative on relevant issues.
- Appropriate mix of maturity and discipline together with flexibility and change agent skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with local, regional and group business leaders and international headquarters.
Klik hieronder om deze vacature te delen:
Geinteresseerd? Stuur dan via onderstaand formulier je CV